Re: Sturm-Liouville (eigenvalue/eigenfunction) problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67746] Re: Sturm-Liouville (eigenvalue/eigenfunction) problems
  • From: "jbaker75 at gmail.com" <jbaker75 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 06:53:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have just recently ported the regular case as well to Mathematica. I
did not port this directly from SLIEGN2, but rather used NDSolve with
the differential equations derived from Prufer Coordinates. I'm
familiar and have used SLEIGN2 as well.

I am interested in porting this to Mathematica. I'd enjoy some
collaboration, if you have time. I am a graduate student with
experience in programming. But not so much with Mathematica.

One question I do have - is what is your interest in using Mathematica
to solve SL problems??

Thanks,
Jeff Baker