RE: 3D graphics headache

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67809] RE: [mg67789] 3D graphics headache
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 04:56:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Give us an actual example that illustrates the problem! Then we  might make
reasonable suggestions. Everything depends on the actual object you are
trying to represent.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: broken glass [mailto:optics22000 at yahoo.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Actually, several headaches.
1. CylindricalPlot3D does not appear to accept options Mesh->Off and
ColorFunctions->Hue (using 5.1)

2. is there an equivalent to ShadowPlot3D for cylindrical coordinates?

3. can the variables of a ShadowPlot3D be restricted to a circular
domain?  The functions blows up outside a unit circle and I'd like the
ColorFunction->Hue to be restricted to a reasonable range, as well as
having the plot look nice.

Thanks.