Redundant numerical input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67794] Redundant numerical input
  • From: gregorc <gregor.cernivec at fe.uni-lj.si>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 04:55:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear group members,

I am using manually defined (compiled) function which takes for input
over 50 arguments of length 3. Most of these are just material
parameters which are constant during numerical simulation and only 3 of
them are calculation variables. When the function is threaded over many
discretization points, the calculation becomes rather time consuming. I
was wondering if it is somehow posible to "tell" the numerical function
not to parse the redundant parameters every time, since they are already
in the memory, i.e. use the same form of numerical function, but only 3
calculation varibles are evaluated each time used. I think this would
greatly speed up my calculations!?

Thank you and best regards.