frontend crashing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67824] frontend crashing
  • From: "emyl" <kwcpsn at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 04:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I use Mathematica 5.0 for Linux.  After a recent nasty hard drive crash
I had to reinstall both the OS (kernel 2.6.16.20, Debian "etch") and
Mathematica.  Since then, the frontend crashes every time I click on a
menu item that opens a dialog window.  For example, if I click on
Files->Open to open a notebook, or Files->SaveAs to save it, or
Help->HelpBrowser, etc.

I'd appreciate any help to fix this problem.

Emyl