GraphPlot problems on G5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67880] GraphPlot problems on G5
  • From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:59:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Today I wanted to compute some graphs on my G5 (Mac OS X 10.4.6) using
Mathematica 5.2 and GraphPlot in the DiscreteMath package and ran into
a problem: the output plot is a straight line instead of the expected
graph.

A search of Mathgroup lead to a posting by János Löbb in April 2006,
where he reported  that GraphPlot with Mathematica 5.2 does not work on
a G5 machine with Mac OS X 10.x.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem with a patch?

János mentioned that Wolfram was aware of the problem and would advise
him when they had a solution, but I found no info on the Wolfram site
about a fix or acknowledgement of the problem.

I can confirm that GraphPlot does work using Version 5.1 on my G5

Thanks in advance

Brian