Re: Sturm-Liouville (eigenvalue/eigenfunction) problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67872] Re: Sturm-Liouville (eigenvalue/eigenfunction) problems
  • From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:58:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

<jbaker75 at gmail.com> wrote in message news:e8irh8$sbq$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>I have just recently ported the regular case as well to Mathematica. I
> did not port this directly from SLIEGN2, but rather used NDSolve with
> the differential equations derived from Prufer Coordinates. I'm
> familiar and have used SLEIGN2 as well.
>
> I am interested in porting this to Mathematica. I'd enjoy some
> collaboration, if you have time. I am a graduate student with
> experience in programming. But not so much with Mathematica.
>
> One question I do have - is what is your interest in using Mathematica
> to solve SL problems??
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Baker

Hi Jeff,

By 'porting the regular case', I meant exactly what you did: use NDSolve
with the Prufer variables. I haven't really looked at the SLEIGN Fortran.

My general interest is in quantitative finance applications. More
specifically I was
trying to understand the phenomenom of the blow-up of some
pde problems on the half-line through some regular SL approximations.

Feel free to email me directly.

regards,
alan