Re: How to call Nminimize inside another Nminimize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67895] Re: How to call Nminimize inside another Nminimize
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:05:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ali,
the output of NMinimize is a list, not a number as requested. To get a
number use e.g.: NMinimize[...][[2, 1, 2]]
Further, make sure you feed f1 only numeric arguments:
f1[x_?NumericQ, y_?NumericQ]:=...

Further, your conditions are not consistent:
t > x, t < y implies that x<y. Therefore, f1 must only be called if this
is true.

Daniel