Re: LogLogErrorListPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67985] Re: LogLogErrorListPlot?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:04:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/18/06 at 5:51 AM, acardoso at scientist.com (Antonio Cardoso)
wrote:

>I would like to know if it is possible to make a logarithmic
>listplot with error bars. Something like LogLogErrorListPlot or
>LogLogMultipleListPlot?

Yes, here is an example using LogListPlot

<<Graphics`

data = Table[{
    n, Exp[n] +
      Random[Real, {-.05, .05}], Random[Real, {.01, .05}]}, {n, 0, 1, .2}];

here I am creating a simple data list of with each row being {x,y,error} triplets. And I will assume the error is expressed as percent error in y. So,

LogListPlot[Most /@ data,
   Epilog -> MapThread[
      Line@{{#1, Log[10, #2(1 - #3)]}, {#1, Log[10, #2(1 + #3)]}}&,
      Transpose@data]];

will create the desired plot.

If I wanted a LogLogListPlot I would obviously use LogLogListPlot and also change the Epilog directive to change be

MapThread[Line@Log[10, {{#1, #2(1 - #3)}, {#1, #2(1 + #3)}}] &,Transpose@data]

Multiple plots would be done with multiple statements and combined to one plot using Show.