Re: Applying a list of 2D paramters to a mathematica function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68072] Re: Applying a list of 2D paramters to a mathematica function
  • From: "g.omikron" <g.omikron at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Curry,
i remember i had the same problem which i finally solved...
Unfortunatelly, i don' t remember its final solution but i remember
also that a permanent solution was to modify my initial function
definition from

f[x_,y_] := x + y;

f[{x_, y_}] := x + y;

if you do this, i suppose you can get the values of the elements of
lists like the one below

testList = {{a, b},{c, d}, ..., {y,z}},

i.e. you get a list with the  values

(because f[{a,b}] = a + b)

I'll try to find out the final solution to your problem, which i
remember it's simple...but check the above alternative way... Good Luck
greetings
             G.Omikron

Curry Taylor :