Error message "MakeExpression::boxfmt: InputForm in MakeExpression (...) is

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68157] Error message "MakeExpression::boxfmt: InputForm in MakeExpression (...) is
  • From: Andreas Tröster <troester_andl at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:26:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

please forgive me if this has been answered before already.
My problem is the following.

Every once in a while when I use cut & paste in my Mathematica
notebooks I ge this strange error messages like

"MakeExpression::boxfmt: InputForm in MakeExpression[grCutoffHi, InputForm]
is not a box formatting type. A box formatting type is any member of
$BoxForms."

Visually there seems to be nothing wrong with the code that was cutted and
pasted, but it must be somehow corrupted underneath. This only goes away if
I then
delete the part that was pasted and type it in from the keyboard by hand,
which is
sometimes quite annoying.

Does anybode know how to resolve this? Oviously this is a bug in the
Mathematica editor, but I was unable to spot a fix so far.

BTW: I am using Mathematica Version Number: 5.0.0.0 on a Windows XP machine.

Regard,

Andi