Re: Table to find lower and upper estimate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68170] Re: Table to find lower and upper estimate
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

x={0,5,10,15,20,25};
f={-42,-37,-25,-6,15,36};
model=a+b*t+c*t^2;
param=FindFit[Transpose[{x,f}],model,{a,b,c},t]

Plot[Evaluate[model /. param],{t,0,25},Epilog->
Point /@ Transpose[{x,f}]]

Regards
  Jens

"T Harris" <tdh1967 at bellsouth.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ea72lp$k6p$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hello,
|

| I hope someone could tell me where to look to or
if easy enough, to advise
| me on how to use Mathemetica for the type of
problem I have below.  I
| already have worked it and have the lower
estimate to be -475 and the upper
| estimate to be -85.  I was hoping to put
Mathematica to a practical use here
| and I really don't know how to do this.   I have
typed the problem in
| exactly as shown in James Stewart's, Calculus
5th Edition.

| Here it is:
|
| A table of values of an increasing function f is
shown.  Use the table to