Re: Plot3D help please

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68194] Re: Plot3D help please
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:00:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

this is not possible, and has asked several times
before.
You can draw a rectangular domain, convert it to a
Graphics3D[]
object and clip the domain with little
programming.

Regards
  Jens

"1156" <rob at piovere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:eaa21v$nd4$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi, I'd like to use Plot3D where the range of
two independent variables
| interact. That is, in the example below I'd like
to specify the range of
| td and have the other variable's range be
dependent upon td. All this
| because the variable tw must always be less or
equal to td for the
| function rh to make sense. rh has been
previously defined in terms of td
| and tw.
|
| Plot3D[rh, {td, 20, 30}, {tw, td - 5, td}]
|
| I would appreciate any tips on how to pull this
off.