Re: Deleting charachter from a text file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68190] Re: Deleting charachter from a text file
  • From: "Norbert Marxer" <marxer at mec.li>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Giacomo

You don't need to output a correct List expression. You could use
Newline separated expressions.

You can use either WriteString ...

myStream = OpenWrite["myFile.txt"] ;
WriteString[myStream, "1"]
Do[ stepResultArray = x^i;
    WriteString[myStream,
      "\n", InputForm@stepResultArray] , {i, 1, 5}
    ] ;
Close[myStream];

... or simply Write ...

myStream = OpenWrite["myFile.txt"] ;
Write[myStream, 1]
Do[ stepResultArray = x^i;
    Write[myStream, stepResultArray] , {i, 1, 5}
    ] ;
Close[myStream];

... and then StringSplit

StringSplit[Import["myFile.txt", "Text"], "\n"]

... to import the list of your first input expression (which is
probably not necessary anymore) and the further stepResultArray's into
Mathematica.

{1, x, x^2, x^3, x^4, x^5}

I hope this helps.

Best Regards