Re: Plot Sequencies of Complex Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67060] Re: Plot Sequencies of Complex Functions
  • From: "J Siehler" <jsiehler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 04:53:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Eleanna Tsoumani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am trying to graph sequencies of complex numbers (for instance, z^n), but I cannot come up with a working idea.
>   Does anyone have any suggestions?

Something like this might be convenient for you:

ComplexPoint = Point[{Re[#], Im[#]}] &;
ComplexListPlot[l_List, opts___] := Show[Graphics[ComplexPoint /@ l,
opts]]

seq = Table[(0.8 + 0.5I)^n, {n, 10}];

ComplexListPlot[seq, Axes -> True, AspectRatio -> Automatic];

ComplexListPlot[seq, Axes -> True, AspectRatio -> Automatic, Prolog ->
     PointSize[0.02]];