standard errors and confidence intervals in NonlinearRegress

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67112] standard errors and confidence intervals in NonlinearRegress
  • From: "dantimatter" <dantimatter at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:09:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between the aymptotic
standard error and the confidence interval spit out by
NonlinearRegress.  They seem to be related by a constant, but I don't
understand the significance of it.  Is there a simple interpretation to
the aymptotic standard error?

Thanks,
Dan