Re: Find a function that fits two dimensional data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67268] Re: Find a function that fits two dimensional data
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:25:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

idealy you have a physical model that may be valid
and you
can add some coefficients to the model to obtain a
better
fit. For example, the physical model say the
function should
have the form Exp[-a*x] and you add
(c+b*x)*Exp[-a*x]

Regards
  Jens

"Raj" <rajanikanth at gmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:e6op8s$s2m$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| hi!
|
| Could somebody help me find a function that fits
some two dimensional
| data that I have..the data is of the form
{x,y,f(x,y)} and so far the
| function aa/(bb+cc Exp[-dd xy]) (where
aa,bb,cc,dd are constants) seems
| to fit the data best but it is not quite
accurate fit. I have used
| findfit to find this function. Is there a better
way to find an exact