Change Symbol in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67507] Change Symbol in ListPlot
  • From: Claus <Clausenator at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:09:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
I'm creating a List Plot in the following way. That is fine, "but" it
creates dots as the symbols. Is there a way to change the symbol (from a
dot to say a cross) in a ListPlot environment?
I got it to change in a Graphics environment, but then there are no
axes. Which environment is better for which occasions?
Thank you all for your help, I am really new to Mathematica!

Now the "code" with Listplot, that I can make to show plots only:
<<Statistics`StatisticsPlots`
<<Statistics`NormalDistribution`

dist=NormalDistribution[2,1.5];
SeedRandom[1];
x1=RandomArray[dist,100];

dist2-NormalDistribution[0,1];
SeedRandom[2];
y1=RandomArray[dist2,100];

z=0.8*x1+y1

cy=Transpose[{x1,z}];

ListPlot[cy, Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {"t1", "z"},
     PlotStyle -> {GrayLevel[0.1], AbsolutePointSize[10]}];

\\If I use the Graphics package, I can use "PlotSymbol", but I don't
have axes:

Show[Graphics[
       {PlotSymbol[Box, 5] /@ cy2}], Frame -> True];

Thanks for your help!