Re: Fourier Transforms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64755] Re: [mg64722] Fourier Transforms
  • From: Sseziwa Mukasa <mukasa at jeol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:47:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Mar 1, 2006, at 4:11 AM, Ben C wrote:

> I'm having some real trouble trying to coax mathematica to do a couple
> of Fourier transforms. Does anyone know if there's some sort of
> list of
> transforms mathematica can and can't do, or any tactics for helping
> mathematica to perform transforms would be much appreciated.

Your message is a little too general to determine your problem.
Mathematica does Fourier transforms, both discrete and symbolic.
Discrete transforms are done with the function Fourier, symbolic with
FourierTransform, the inverses are InverseFourier and
InverseFourierTransform respectively.  You can find information on
all of these functions through the Help Browser.

If you are having further difficulties please include a more precise
description of what you are trying to accomplish or preferably
include the Mathematica expressions you are trying to evaluate.

Regards,

Ssezi