Re: Multiple application of LinearFilter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64837] Re: Multiple application of LinearFilter
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 03:18:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

what may

Nest[LinearFilter[#,{1/2,1/2}] &,originaldata,3]

do ??

Regards
  Jens

"Lea Rebanks" <lrebanks at netvigator.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dubjps$h0t$1 at smc.vnet.net...

| Hi All,
|
| I have been using LinearFilter on my data with
great success & achieve
| better results the more times I pass my data
through the LinearFilter. (
| I have had to adjust data length to maintain
correct indexing with
| PadLeft - but this is not my question here.)
|
| Below is how I am applying the multiple
LinearFilter.

| EG
|
| originaldata
|
| Data1=LinearFilter[originaldata, {1/2,1/2}];
| Data2=LinearFilter[Data1, {1/2,1/2}];
| Data3=LinearFilter[Data2, {1/2,1/2}];
|

| My question is - Is there a shorter way of
writing multiple passes of
| the above.
|
| If there is a way, please show the code.
|
| It would be great if I could simply adjust the
number of passes from say
| three above to any number of passes to find
optimum setting for data.