Re: 3D voronoi problem in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64860] Re: 3D voronoi problem in mathematica
  • From: Antti Penttilä <Antti.I.Penttila at invalid.helsinki.fi>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 05:01:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jimmy wrote:
> Hi! Can mathematica or qhull deal with 3D voronoi tesselation under
> periodic boundary condition? For example, there are 1000 points in a
> cube, and I want to add periodic boundary condition to all three
> direction. Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

Mathematica can't handle 3D voronoi at all, and I think that qhull
doesn't have an option for periodicy. You might consider doing it
manually: surround the cube with copies of itself and compute the
voronoi tesselation. Then delete the objects where none of the vertices
is in the original cube.

Regards,
Antti