Re: ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65150] Re: ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:59:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Matt,
you may create a plot using graphic primitives.
E.g. assume you have your data as 4-tupel, where the first element gives
the state of the point, e.g. 0 and 1:

dat={{0, 0, 0, 0}, {1, 1, 1, 1}, {0, 0, 0, 1}, {1, 1, 0, 0}}

  We can now use the first element to generate the wanted color:

Show[Graphics3D[
    { If[#[[1]]==0, Hue[0.5],Hue[1]], Point[Rest[#]]}& /@ dat
], Axes -> True]