Re: Re: A question concerning Show and PlotLegend
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65291] Re: [mg65270] Re: [mg65255] A question concerning Show and PlotLegend
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:59:49 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Ryan, > What I was hoping was that the command PlotRange -> > PlotRange[p2]] does is set the PlotRange for the Show to that > of p2- which is the plot of the data points. If you remove > the variables for the legend, the plot does what it is > supposed to do- shows the theoretical curves and the data on > one plot. Well, it actually outputs two plots. One with > just the curves and below it one with the curves and the data > plotted together. But when the variables used to set the > legend are included it messes everything up. > > Just to be clear, p2 is a plot of some data points using > MultipleListPlot and I am trying to add two theoretical > curves to the plot. I think you should be using ShowLegend rather than Show for this. In other words, get Plot sorted, get your MultipleListPlot sorted, then use ShowLegend to add a Legend. Regards, Dave.