Re: Two independent y axes ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65357] Re: Two independent y axes ?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 04:05:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/27/06 at 6:56 AM, spam at spam.invalid (Geico Caveman) wrote:

>I am trying to plot a bunch of functions and some data together.
>Some of the data and some of the functions have *very* different y
>range from the others. How do I create 2 independent y axes (like
>gnuplot - y and y2 axes) to show the data effectively ?

Is something like the following what you are looking for

In[8]:=
x = Sort[Table[Random[], {10}]];
y = 20*Reverse[Sort[Table[Random[], {10}]]];

In[10]:=
Show[Block[{$DisplayFunction = Identity},
    {ListPlot[Rescale[x], PlotStyle -> Blue],
     ListPlot[Rescale[y], PlotStyle -> Red]}],
   Frame -> True, FrameTicks -> {Automatic,
     Range[0, 1, 0.2], None, ({#1, 20*#1} & ) /@
      Range[0, 1, 0.2]}];