NMinimize with numerically evaluated constraints

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66229] NMinimize with numerically evaluated constraints
  • From: "Fernando Bernardo" <bernardo at eq.uc.pt>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 05:21:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 Hi there!

I'm trying to solve an optimization problem, with constraints g(x)<=0
(x are decision variables), such that the evaluation of g(x) for a
particular x requires a numerical procedure. So far, I've been able to
use NMinimize with g(x) defined analytically as a function of the symbol
x, while the objective function f(x) can be restricted to a numerical
input x as follows:

fOBJ[x_ /; NumericQ[x]]:=Module[{},...; Return[fOBJval]]

Is it possible to apply this numerical input restriction also to the
constraints g(x) ??? Thanks for your help.

Fernando Pedro Martins Bernardo
Department of Chemical Engineering
University of Coimbra
P=F3lo II - Pinhal de Marrocos