Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66304] Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?
  • From: ahmet nurlu <ahmet_nurlu at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 00:46:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am  a user of Mathematica 5.0 in Linux(Debian/testing). Sometimes, I need to prepare mathematica notebooks in my own Language(Turkish). I am not  able to write  Turkish inside Mathematica in Linux.

  I thought I could overcome this problem by changing language settings of the system  from "en_US" to "tr_TR"(as  by using  "export LC_ALL=tr_TR" command) but this time, Mathematica refuses to run and gives some errors.  I have also a windows version of Mathematica  and this problem is non-existent in Windows. I wonder the non-English users of Mathematica could use their own language inside the Mathematica environment in Linux?

  Ahmet Nurlu