Command completion maxes out CPU

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66356] Command completion maxes out CPU
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:34:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, all,

   When I use command completion under either Linux (Mathematica v. 5.2)
or Windows (version 5.1), the processor is maxed out. Of course, I
usually try to choose a command promptly, but this is a pretty annoying
behavior. Are there settings available to me (from within Mathematica)
to minimize this usage? Is this caused by some routine continually
looping, waiting for input from the user? IMHO this is pretty bad design.

           Cheers,
               C.O.