Re: Save to Quicktime during calculations?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66447] Re: Save to Quicktime during calculations?
  • From: "Gustavo Delfino" <gdelfino at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 02:42:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

What you can do is save each frame to a png or gif file as it is being
generated. Then, if you have QuickTime Pro, you can convert the frames
into a movie.

I should warn you that if you are generating a large number of frames,
then the mathematica front end will use (leak?) more and more memory
until it crashes. Even if you are not displaying the figures. I have
tested this with versions 5.1 and 5.2 while running this code:

Do[
   Plot[Sin[t], {t, 0, 1},
   DisplayFunction ->
     Function[g,Display["~/Desktop/test/" <> ToString[x]
<>".eps",g,"EPS"]]],
{x, 1, 18000}]

I wonder if version 2.2 has this problem.

Regards,

Gustavo Delfino
Caracas, Venezuela