stytax error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66579] stytax error
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 04:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
On loading a package file, Mathematica says it finds a syntax error on
a certain line number (which I have located in emacs).

Here is the relevant code snippet:

Module[{stdexitout, xtemp}, stdexitout = {x, f, oldxL,
    oldfL, xL, fL, xU, fU, xmax, evalcount, evallimit, tol};
    Which[fU ? fL, stdexitout, xU == xmax,
        Message[MessageName[FindUnimodalMinimum, "unbound"]];
        stdexitout, evalcount ?
    evallimit, Message[MessageName[FindUnimodalMinimum, "
      evallimit"]]; stdexitout, True, xtemp = Min[(1 + a) xU - a xL, xmax];
      boundunimodaldecision[x, f,
          xL, fL, xU, fU, xtemp, ReplaceAll[f, Rule[x, xtemp]], xmax, \
evalcount + 1, evallimit, tol]]];

In the package file, the indicated line (on or before where the syntax
error occurrs, according to Mathematica) includes the following code:
Message[MessageName[FindUnimodalMinimum,"evallimit"]];stdexitout,True,

The entire module statement is correct syntax, or at least it
evaluates without errors when executed in a notebook.

What, if anything, should I do about this?

Thanks,
--
http://chris.chiasson.name/