Adding a key binding for a Style

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70911] Adding a key binding for a Style
  • From: "David Bakin" <davidbak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 03:55:54 -0500 (EST)

Certain of the styles (section, subsection, text, etc.) have key bindings
(under windows: Alt-1, Alt-2, etc.).  I'd like to add a keybinding for a
different specific style (input).

I've learned about KeyEventTranslations.tr and MenuSetup.tr from the
mathgroup archives, however I have a problem:  The key bindings for the
styles aren't in there!  Instead in the style menu there's an item "Start
Cell Style Names" and apparently this part of the menu is filled in
programatically.

I also looked inside of the default stylesheet (under
FrontEnd/StyleSheets/Default.nb) but didn't see anything that looked like a
key binding.

So:  is this possible?  and if so how?

Thanks!  -- Dave

(Thanks to everyone who answered my previous question - which was answered
(properly) by referring me to the documentation on Hold, HoldFirst, etc.  I
didn't thank you then because I was embarrassed that I missed understanding
such an obvious point.)