Re: Re: Publicon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70993] Re: Re: Publicon
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 04:08:02 -0500 (EST)

For many years I have done all of my research work using Mathematica, and
nowadays I write my papers using Publicon, and then exporting as LaTeX
because this is the best format for submission to various places such as
arXiv.

For long equations, I prefer all my editing to be at source, rather than in
the exported LaTeX, so I split my equation into smaller pieces which I place
into the cells of a column vector. This is not perfect but it works.

For pasting between Mathematica and Publicon, I have found that the most
robust way to do this is to use Copy As Cell Expression.

Publicon has a very nice bibliographic database facility which I have now
standardised on, and you can play around with whatever style sheet you are
using to control what bibliographic information appears in the backmatter of
your document. Assuming you want to use a Mathematica-like environment, then
I don't know of any other way of automatically using a bibliographic
database.

I too have wondered whether Wolfram has decided to give up on Publicon, but
my real hope is that they will merge it with Mathematica to enhance Mathematica's
ability to handle LaTeX.

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:eiepk2$l41$1 at smc.vnet.net...