Help needed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71050] Help needed
  • From: "Cetin Haftaoglu" <cetin.haftaoglu at bam.de>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 05:59:52 -0500 (EST)

Hallo Mathematica-Users,

I have a little question about FindMinimum with a special kind of functions:
I habe a funtion

func[c1_]:=Module[{ldadn},logdadnroot=FindRoot[ldadn==c1(1/(1+Sqrt[ldadn]))^
2,{ldadn,1}];

and an error-funtion

erfunc[c1_]:=(func[c1]-1)^2

func and erfunc are steady for c1 >= 0 and the minimum is reached for c1->4.

Than I tried to find the Minimum of erfunc and get a lot of Messages.

FindMinimum[erfunc[c1],{c1,0}]

My question: Is it possible to get the Minimum and how?
The described function is a reduced problem, the real problem depends on
several variables.

Thanks in Advance,

Cetin Haftaoglu