Re: $PathnameSeparator and DirectoryName

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71138] Re: $PathnameSeparator and DirectoryName
  • From: "David Reiss" <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 03:37:55 -0500 (EST)

Presumably because DirectoryName is still looking for the Windows path
structure.  I assume that DirectoryName is not directly accessing the
parameter  $PathnameSeparator, but rather is handining things
internally.  Hence it sees your Unix paths as simple strings and
returns the root directory.

best,

David