Beginner--Need to test and check real input values

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71564] Beginner--Need to test and check real input values
  • From: abdou.oumaima at hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 05:41:35 -0500 (EST)

Hello Math Group,

I'm using While to control a flow of input values. I need to give a positive and real value to a variable, let's call it "c" . I write the code bellow but when I excute it, I can put a string value and can return it. How can I control that please.

c = 0;
While[! (RealQ[c] && 0 < c < 0.9), c = Input["Give a positive real value to c
  less than 0.9"]]
Print["c= ", c]

Greetings.
Lian.