Deriviation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70065] Deriviation
  • From: Karsten Ohme <widerstand at t-online.de>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:33:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have the following problem, e.g. I derive a function like:

In[1]:=
f[x] = x^2;

In[2]:=
D[f[x], x]
Out[2]=
2 x

Quite well, but now I want to use it in my own application, so I look
for a free library written in Java (or C) which can do also a symbolic
derivation outside Mathematica. Is there something like this?

Thanks, Karsten