Possible bug in Histogram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70172] Possible bug in Histogram
  • From: "Neil M" <anilm411 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 01:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

For some sets of valid data, Histogram [Mathematica 5.2] produces 'out
of range' errors. For example:

"Histogram[{1,2,8}]" produces the error log:
----------------------
Part::partw: Part 2 of {{5,5}} does not exist. More...

Range::range:

   Range Specification in Range<Mathematica expression>

is not a machine-size integer. More...
<similar Range messages deleted>
Histogram:: rcount: Frequency count of data in categories failed.

Incidentally, "Histogram[{1,2,7}]" displays just fine.

I'm not doing anything fancy with notebooks, procedures etc. This is
straight off the front end. I have saved the notebook, if anyone cares
to see it. Assuming it's not an install-specific "bug", the above
(mis)behavior should be easily reproducible.

N.M.