$TraceOn $TraceOff TraceDialog

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70182] $TraceOn $TraceOff TraceDialog
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 07:06:49 -0400 (EDT)

The Mathematica documentation says the $TraceOn and $TraceOff values
can be modified during a Trace (and assumedly a TraceDialog). Will
someone please give an example of how to use $TraceOn and $TraceOff
during a TraceDialog command? I have tried, but it seems like
Mathematica is ignoring the pattern to which I set $TraceOff
(Blank[]). Thus it never even gets around to looking at $TraceOn. So I
am forced to look at all expressions and Return[] each one...

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/