RE: FoourierTransform of a function defined in sections

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70208] RE: [mg70176] FoourierTransform of a function defined in sections
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 07:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

Pi not PI.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Eckhard Schlemm [mailto:e.schlemm at hotmail.de]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hello,

I want Mathematica to calculate the FourierTransform of a function which is
defined by Sin[x]^2 for Abs[x]<PI and zero else. I tried and defined the
function g as follows:

g[x_]:=If[Abs[x]>PI,0,Sin[x]^2];

That works fine. But if I have mathematica try to determine the
FourierTransform by

FourierTransform[g[x],x,p]

I always get the error that the recursion limit and the iteration limit were
exceeded...

what am I'm doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated

thanks