Re: JLink OutOfMemoryError

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70207] Re: JLink OutOfMemoryError
  • From: "Peter" <pjcrosbie at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 07:08:07 -0400 (EDT)

It is possible that the command line string you are sending is
incorrect.  The single \ are probably being interpreted as escape
chars, you need \\.  Try:

> InstallJava[CommandLine->"C:\\Program Files\\Wolfram
> Research\\Mathematica\\5.2\\SystemFiles\\Java\\Windows\\bin\\java.exe -Xms32m
> -Xmx128m"]

Alternatively, given that you are simply using the default JVM for Mathematica
try:
Needs["JLink`"];
InstallJava[JVMArguments -> "-Xmx1G -Xms32m"]