Re: Copy input and User Defined Variables

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70280] Re: Copy input and User Defined Variables
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:53:46 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/10/06 at 6:12 AM, bobueland at yahoo.com (Bubba) wrote:

>Q2: I want to see all the symbols I have defined myself. If I enter
>?* I get a list of all the symbols in Mathematica and at the end I
>see my symbols. But I only want to see my symbols and not
>Mathematicas. Is there a way to accomplish that?

Yes, use ?Global`*

Unless you have specifically set up a particular context all of
the symbols you have defined will be in the Global` context.
Normally, any package you load will put its symbols in a
separate context and built-in Mathematica symbols are in the
System` context. So, ?Global`* will almost always show you the
symbols you have defined and no other symbols.