Re: sample programs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70343] Re: sample programs
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:06:22 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/12/06 at 5:37 AM, t.roberts at cqu.edu.au (Tim S Roberts) wrote:

>Novice who learns best by looking at examples seeks sample
>Mathematica programs online!  In particular I have a number of
>procedural C++ programs I want to port, so examples of this ilk are
>especially welcome.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to
>where to look...

I assume you have a copy of Mathematica, which means you already
have quite a bit of example code you can look at and play with.

Look at any of the .m files that can be found in the
sub-directories of

ToFileName[{$TopDirectory,"AddOns","StandardPackages"}]

Another significant source of programs can be accessed from
Mathematica by selecting the menu item Help->Information Center
on the Web ... and following the links that will appear.