Coefficient with dot products

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70499] Coefficient with dot products
  • From: Oliver Friedrich <xoliver.friedrich at tzm.dex>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:16:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hallo,

I have some problems dealing with matrix equations:

I have an equation

m1.v1+m2.v2+m3.v3==0

where m are matrices and v are vectors. I want to use Coefficient on this
expression like

Coefficient[%,v1] but this seems not to work if dot product instead of an
ordinary product is used.
How can I modify Coefficient or implement something on my own to fix this?

--
Regards

Oliver Friedrich

My email has no x!