Re: Graphics/PlotRange/LaTeX/Psfrag

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70505] Re: Graphics/PlotRange/LaTeX/Psfrag
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:16:58 -0400 (EDT)

Paul wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the following problem:
> Is it possible to make the Graphics-object P1
> P1 = Graphics[ Show[P0,Frame->True, PlotRange -> {{...,...},
> {...,...}}]]
> forget that it is a segment (due to PlotRange) of a Graphics-object P0?
>
> I try to use PSfragExport
> (http://wwwth.mppmu.mpg.de/members/jgrosse/mathpsfrag/) and every time
> I export a Graphics-object which is a part of an other Graphics-object
> (while using  PlotRange) to an eps-dat., the whole original
> Graphics-object is shown. So I thought it would be good if I can make
> P1 forget about his "origin".
> Do you know a possibility?
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I could not access the given URL. I got a "Server not found" error
message. I tried Google but got the same URL -- and the same error
message. It might be just an issue with my ISP.

Anyway, I am not sure to have understood what exactly your request is
about. When I export the following graph as EPS file, everything works
fine: The first one displays the full range graphics while the second
one displays only the required sub-range: the latter has "lost" its
origin. (I use Ghostscript 8.51 and GSview 4.7.)

In[1]:=
g0 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -2*Pi, 2*Pi}];

In[2]:=
Export["c:\\g0.eps", g0];

In[3]:=
g1 = Show[g0, Frame -> True, PlotRange ->

In[4]:=
Export["c:\\g1.eps", g1];

In[5]:=
$Version

Out[5]=
5.2 for Microsoft Windows (June 20, 2005)

Regards,
Jean-Marc