Re: Graphics/PlotRange/LaTeX/Psfrag

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70568] Re: Graphics/PlotRange/LaTeX/Psfrag
  • From: "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/17/06, pw <pw23 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello!
> >>

> > Anyway, I am not sure to have understood what exactly your request is
> > about. When I export the following graph as EPS file, everything works
> > fine: The first one displays the full range graphics while the second
> > one displays only the required sub-range: the latter has "lost" its
> > origin. (I use Ghostscript 8.51 and GSview 4.7.)
> >
> > In[1]:=
> > g0 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -2*Pi, 2*Pi}];
> >
> > In[2]:=
> > Export["c:\\g0.eps", g0];
> >
> > In[3]:=
> > g1 = Show[g0, Frame -> True, PlotRange ->
> >      {{0, 2*Pi}, {-0.5, 1}}];
> >
> > In[4]:=
> > Export["c:\\g1.eps", g1];
> >
> g1 has not "lost" its origin due to the fact, that
> Show[g1,PlotRange->All]
> is identical to g0. It has still all information!
> I contacted now the author of the package and he tries to fix it. He
> says that it has something to do with the function of FullGraphics in
> his package.
> My opinion is, the best would be a function F[] which makes the following:
>
> g0 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -2*Pi, 2*Pi}];
> g1 = Show[g0, Frame -> True, PlotRange -> {{0, 2*Pi}, {-0.5, 1}}];
> g2=F[g1];
>
> and g2 has now the feature that
>
> Show[g2,PlotRange->All]
>
> is identical to g1.
> Do you know such a function?
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Now I see what you are looking for. However, I am not aware of such a
built-in function, and, out of my mind, I cannot come up with a
package that would do that. I will check later on or try to make such
a function since the internal structure of a graphics object is
accessible as any other expressions.

Best regards,
Jean-Marc