Re: Programming style: postfix/prefix vs. functional

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70596] Re: Programming style: postfix/prefix vs. functional
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 05:13:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

the good style is the code that *you* understand
today and when *you* look on it in 6 weeks and in
five years.

Regards
  Jens

"Will Robertson" <wspr81 at gmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:eha5kn$b82$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hello,
|
| As a newcomer to Mathematica, I'm a little
unsure on what "good style"
| would be in this programming language. I notice
that several functions
for ReplaceRepeated, /@
| for Map, and so on.
|
| Clearly using these forms makes the code more
compact, but sacrifices
| some level of readability. Are there guidelines
or suggestions that
| have built up over the years of whether these
are "good" or "bad" to
| use?
|
| If it's simply personal preference, what do you
like to use?