Re: Re: Subscript vs SubscriptBox

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70626] Re: [mg69036] Re: Subscript vs SubscriptBox
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 05:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

I found this message while looking for the answer to another question.
Rereading it, I believe Brian Higgins' description is exactly correct
and that it should be included in the usage message for Subscript for
the next iteration of Mathematica.

The following result helps illustrate his point:

In[1]:=
ValueQ[Subscript[x,y]]

Out[1]=
False

I guess I just had trouble accepting it because I was thinking about
the Format command.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/