MathGroup Archive 2006

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Wolfram Workbench

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70663] Re: Wolfram Workbench
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:20:21 -0400 (EDT)

I decided to try out the workbench today, to see if the debugging would work for me. 
I created a new project. 
Then I tried to import an existing notebook, using both options (input/initialization) which resulted in exactly nothing showing up in the imported file (except for a header). 
The import did however manage to screw up my original notebook file, which, of course, should NEVER be possible in  an import. Perhaps naively I did not back up my original file before. This seems to me like a serious programming error. An import should always read a file read-only. It is unacceptable that changes are made to the imported file without even any warning.
My well-organized notebook was turned into some flat *.m - type document. Of course, the codes are still in (I hope) but in an unusable form. I have a week old backup, but I made quite a lot of changes, also in the formatting which is of course irrecoverable. This is frustrating. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestion of how to turn this back into a notebook format?

Harrie

• Prev by Date: Re: Programming style: postfix/prefix vs. functional
  • Next by Date: Re: Plot3D question
  • Previous by thread: Re: Built-in symbols arguments
  • Next by thread: Re: Re: Wolfram Workbench