two questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70708] two questions
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello to all.

I downloaded the Ted Ersek's Supplementary Help Browser

(see http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4557/)

a few months ago.

I spent much time with it but now I want to do two things.

First I have a notebook called init1.
This book contain the follwoing Initialization Cell
(I have also selected the AutoSave Package option).

Cell[TextData[{
  "Click ",
  ButtonBox["here",
    ButtonData:>{
      FrontEnd`FileName[ {$RootDirectory, "C:", "Documents and
Settings", "All Users", "Application Data", "Mathematica",
        "Applications"}, "Supplementary Help Browser.nb",
CharacterEncoding -> "WindowsGreek"], "a cell for hyperlink"},
    ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink"],
  " for Supplementary Help Browser"
}], "Text",
  InitializationCell->True]

The Hyperlink works fine when I execute the command from the init1.nb
opening the Supplementary Help Browser (I have changed the filename of
Ted Ersek's notebook) as I intend.

Suppose now I work on another notebook and I ececute the following
command

<< "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application \
Data\\Mathematica\\Applications\\init1.m"

Nothing happened. What I have on my mind was the opening of the
Supplementary Help Browser
from the working Notebook just with the loading of the Initialization
Cell, i.e. without the need of  creating another Hyperlink.

How is it possible to do that?

And here comes my second question.

How the Supplementary Help Browser (and as well the Supplementary Help
Browser for Mathematica Graphics) can be a part of the Help Browser?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Dimitris