Request for benchmark results ...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70820] Request for benchmark results ...
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:22:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a CPU speed issue.  Or rather, its lack
of speed.

If anyone on the list has a Dell 5150 3.2GHz and can run BenchmarkReport[],
I'd be ever so appreciative of the results.  Apparently, my system is
running at most 93% of the speed of a 2.4GHz Pentium 4.  It is also getting
about 75% of the speed it did 2 years ago on Karl Unterkopfler's old
benchmark.

This is with a fresh installation (ie only XP pro & Mathematica installed), although
results vary little once virus checkers and the other spyware crap we seem
to need to run these days are also loaded.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.