Re: How to animate a list plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69575] Re: How to animate a list plot?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

interpolate
xy[t_]:=x*(1-t)+y

and

Table[
Show[Graphics[ Point /@
Transpose[{xy[t],z}]]],{t,0,1,1/10}]

Regards
  Jens

"Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Coleman at LibertyMutual.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:eedmt2$3fn$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Greetings,
|
| I'm trying to figure out how to develop -- for
lack of a better term --
| an animated scatter plot. I have three
variables, call them x, y, and z.
| The points x and y are recorded measurements on
the same subjects, taken
| at different points in time. The variable z does
not change over time.

| I'd like to find a way to visualize how the
ListPlot[{x,z}] transitions
| into the ListPlot[{y,z}]. My sample of data is
250 points, so I am
| trying to visualize 250 points moving from one
set of positions on the
| Cartesian plane to another set of positions. The
y observations are more
| highly correlated with z, so one could image the
points becoming more
| tightly clustered as one moves from x->y. Any
thoughts on how I might