Re: Re: Clean-up code for packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75031] Re: [mg74973] Re: Clean-up code for packages
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 05:02:54 -0400 (EDT)
On 13 Apr 2007, at 15:03, Szabolcs wrote:

>> c) $Epilog=(Run["format /X c:"];Get["end.m"])
>>     will remove almost everything you have created
>
> 2. My question was: how do you prepend that Run[] command to $Epilog
> without knowing the initial value of $Epilog? If you don't know the
> answer, you better don't reply at all.
>
> What you did here is very irresponsible. What if some novice user
> reads this post and tries your command?

It seems to me that only a novice user who does not understand
English (including even basic computing words words like "run" and
"format")   and has a habit of running code without having any idea
of what it is supposed to do, would be in any danger from this. If
such a user really exists, this could be just the lesson he needs.

Andrzej Kozlowski